[ View full size screenshot ]
Version: Calibre 0.8.0
Date: May 11, 2011
|I would recommend downloading this direct from the developer website. But Calibre is by far the best ebook software I've found. It is free, but has better functionality than any paid eBook software I've tried. It's constantly being updated with new features and tweaks. It can convert pretty much any format to any other format, handles sending to almost any device, and can be customized extensively with plugins. Works on windows/mac/linux, though I gather this is the windows installer. Once again, go to the developer website. Google search Calibre Ebook and it is the first result.|
|Version||Date Released||Status||Release Notes|
|Calibre 0.9.35||Jun 14, 2013||New Release||New Features:
· DOCX Input: Add a markup analyzer that identifies and removes redundant markup generated by Word. This can result in much cleaner HTML and reductions in markup size of up to 50%
· DOCX Input: Add support for theme fonts
· calibredb list: Add an option to limit the number of results
· Get Books: Allow stopping an in progress search. While doing a search, the Search button becomes a Stop button, and clicking on it stops the current search.
· When viewing the list of jobs in calibre, display the time at which the job was started.
· Conversion settings: When selecting the input/output profiles, show the profile screen size along with its description.
|Calibre 0.9.34||Jun 7, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Conversion of Microsoft Word documents (.docx files generated by Word 2007 or newer)
· Kobo driver: Support for the newly released firmware 2.6.1. Also remove empty shelves from the Aura HD home page when deleting books.
· E-book viewer: Add Keyboard shortcuts for Back and Forward (Alt+Left, Alt+Right)
· Allow right clicking on an author in Book Details to manage that author, i.e. change the author name, sort value or link.
· Fix regression that broke FB2 input in the previous release.
· MOBI Output: Fix regression in 0.9.31 that caused vertical margins specified on some block level elements to be ignored.
· ToC Editor: Handle ebooks that have tags inside the tags. Instead of erroring out, the tags are automatically moved into .
· When deleting custom recipes, use recycle bin.
· Folha de Sao Paolo
· Metro News NL
· Seventh Guard
|Calibre 0.9.33||May 31, 2013||New Release||New Features:
· PDF Output: Add an option to generate a printable Table of Contents (that lists page numbers). Useful if you intend to print out the PDF.
· Replace the book counts in the choose library button and next to the virtual library button with the names of the current library and virtual library. The count information is now displayed in the status bar at the bottom.
· When reviewing downloaded metadata, add a button to view the book being reviewed.
· Get Books: Add SONY Reader Store (Australia).
· For users running calibre from source, note that calibre has moved to using git for source control.
|Calibre 0.9.32||May 24, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Show the number of currently selected books in the status bar at the bottom of the book list
· Driver for PocketBook Touch 623 and Yarvik tablet Xenta 13c
· When editing dates such as published, allow pressing the minus key to clear the date and the = key to set the date to today.
· EPUB/AZW3 Output: Fix regression that caused erros when trying to convert documents that have URLs with invalid (non-utf-8) quoting.
· When backing up metadata automatically remove XML invalid chars, instead of erroring out
· Fix switch library dialog and menu both popping up when clicking the library button in some window managers
· Apple driver: Fix a regression in 0.9.31 that could cause sending books to the device to hang
· When setting metadata using the edit metadata dialog, convert newlines, tabs etc. to normal spaces
|Calibre 0.9.31||May 20, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Book list: Highlight the current cell in the book list, particularly convenient for usage with the keyboard.
· Allow creation of advanced rules for column icons.
· Driver for the limited edition SONY PRS-T2N
· MOBI Input: Add support for MOBI/KF8 files generated with the to be released kindlegen 2.9.
|Calibre 0.9.30||May 13, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Kobo driver: Add support for showing 'Archived' books on the device. Also up the supported firmware version to 2.5.3.
· Driver for Blackberry 9790
· Add a tweak to turn off the highlighting of the book count when using a virtual library (Preferences->Tweaks)
· Add a button to clear the viewer search history in the viewer Preferences, under Miscellaneous
· Add keyboard shortcuts to clear the virtual Library and the additional restriction (Ctrl+Esc and Alt+Esc). Also use Shift+Esc to bring keyboard focus back tot he book list. Can be changed under Preferences->Keyboard
· Docx metadata: Read the language of the file, if present
|Calibre 0.9.29||May 6, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Bulk metadata download: Allow reviewing of the downloaded metadata before it is applied
· FB2 Output: Write ISBN, pubdate, tags and publisher metadata when creating fb2 files
|Calibre 0.9.28||Apr 26, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Virtual Libraries: Easily partition your large calibre library into smaller 'virtual' libraries.
· Book details panel: Allow copying of links in the book details panel by right clicking on them.
· Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Aura HD and firmware version 2.5.0.
· Metadata download: When showing downloaded covers, allow right clicking on a cover to view a full size version.
· Driver for Easy player cyber book e touch and Droid 4.
· Edit ToC: Allow the size of the panels in the location view to be adjusted.
· When copying to a library by path, make it more efficient to choose between moving and copying.
· When checking if a zip/rar file is a comic or contains a single ebook to be auto-extracted, ignore thumbs.db files inside the archive.
|Calibre 0.9.27||Apr 12, 2013||New Release||· To enable them go to Preferences->Metadata download and enable the 'Google Image' and 'Big Book Search' sources. Google Images is useful for finding larger covers as well as alternate versions of the cover. Big Book Search searches for alternate covers from amazon.com. It can occasionally find nicer covers than the direct Amazon source. Note that both these sources download multiple covers for a single book. Some of these covers can be wrong (i.e. they may be of a different book or not covers at all, so you should inspect the results and manually pick the best match). When bulk downloading, these sources are only used if the other sources find no covers.
· Content server: Allow specifying a reestriction to use for the server when embedding it as a WSGI app.
|Calibre 0.9.26||Apr 5, 2013||New Release||New Features:
· PDF Output: Allow using templates to create arbitrary headers and footers. Look under PDF Output in the conversion dialog for this feature.
· ToC Editor: Allow generating the ToC directly from individual files inside the ebook. Useful for EPUBs that have individual chapters in single files.
· ToC Editor: Add buttons to indent/unindent the current entry
· ToC Editor: Right-click menu to perform various useful actions on entries in the ToC
· Column icons: Allow use of wide images as column icons
· Add USB ids for the Palm Pre2 and Samsung Galaxy phone to the device drivers
· PDF Output: Fix generating page numbers causing links to not work.
· Wrong filename output in error message when 'Guide reference not found'
· Get Books: Update Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Waterstones and Gutenberg store plugins for website change
· PDF Output: Fix 1 pixel wide left and top margins on the cover page for some PDF conversions due to incorrect rounding.