[ View full size screenshot ]
Version: Calibre 0.8.0
Date: May 11, 2011
|I would recommend downloading this direct from the developer website. But Calibre is by far the best ebook software I've found. It is free, but has better functionality than any paid eBook software I've tried. It's constantly being updated with new features and tweaks. It can convert pretty much any format to any other format, handles sending to almost any device, and can be customized extensively with plugins. Works on windows/mac/linux, though I gather this is the windows installer. Once again, go to the developer website. Google search Calibre Ebook and it is the first result.|
|Version||Date Released||Status||Release Notes|
|Calibre 0.9.32||May 24, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Show the number of currently selected books in the status bar at the bottom of the book list
· Driver for PocketBook Touch 623 and Yarvik tablet Xenta 13c
· When editing dates such as published, allow pressing the minus key to clear the date and the = key to set the date to today.
· EPUB/AZW3 Output: Fix regression that caused erros when trying to convert documents that have URLs with invalid (non-utf-8) quoting.
· When backing up metadata automatically remove XML invalid chars, instead of erroring out
· Fix switch library dialog and menu both popping up when clicking the library button in some window managers
· Apple driver: Fix a regression in 0.9.31 that could cause sending books to the device to hang
· When setting metadata using the edit metadata dialog, convert newlines, tabs etc. to normal spaces
|Calibre 0.9.31||May 20, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Book list: Highlight the current cell in the book list, particularly convenient for usage with the keyboard.
· Allow creation of advanced rules for column icons.
· Driver for the limited edition SONY PRS-T2N
· MOBI Input: Add support for MOBI/KF8 files generated with the to be released kindlegen 2.9.
|Calibre 0.9.30||May 13, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Kobo driver: Add support for showing 'Archived' books on the device. Also up the supported firmware version to 2.5.3.
· Driver for Blackberry 9790
· Add a tweak to turn off the highlighting of the book count when using a virtual library (Preferences->Tweaks)
· Add a button to clear the viewer search history in the viewer Preferences, under Miscellaneous
· Add keyboard shortcuts to clear the virtual Library and the additional restriction (Ctrl+Esc and Alt+Esc). Also use Shift+Esc to bring keyboard focus back tot he book list. Can be changed under Preferences->Keyboard
· Docx metadata: Read the language of the file, if present
|Calibre 0.9.29||May 6, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Bulk metadata download: Allow reviewing of the downloaded metadata before it is applied
· FB2 Output: Write ISBN, pubdate, tags and publisher metadata when creating fb2 files
|Calibre 0.9.28||Apr 26, 2013||New Release||New features:
· Virtual Libraries: Easily partition your large calibre library into smaller 'virtual' libraries.
· Book details panel: Allow copying of links in the book details panel by right clicking on them.
· Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Aura HD and firmware version 2.5.0.
· Metadata download: When showing downloaded covers, allow right clicking on a cover to view a full size version.
· Driver for Easy player cyber book e touch and Droid 4.
· Edit ToC: Allow the size of the panels in the location view to be adjusted.
· When copying to a library by path, make it more efficient to choose between moving and copying.
· When checking if a zip/rar file is a comic or contains a single ebook to be auto-extracted, ignore thumbs.db files inside the archive.
|Calibre 0.9.27||Apr 12, 2013||New Release||· To enable them go to Preferences->Metadata download and enable the 'Google Image' and 'Big Book Search' sources. Google Images is useful for finding larger covers as well as alternate versions of the cover. Big Book Search searches for alternate covers from amazon.com. It can occasionally find nicer covers than the direct Amazon source. Note that both these sources download multiple covers for a single book. Some of these covers can be wrong (i.e. they may be of a different book or not covers at all, so you should inspect the results and manually pick the best match). When bulk downloading, these sources are only used if the other sources find no covers.
· Content server: Allow specifying a reestriction to use for the server when embedding it as a WSGI app.
|Calibre 0.9.26||Apr 5, 2013||New Release||New Features:
· PDF Output: Allow using templates to create arbitrary headers and footers. Look under PDF Output in the conversion dialog for this feature.
· ToC Editor: Allow generating the ToC directly from individual files inside the ebook. Useful for EPUBs that have individual chapters in single files.
· ToC Editor: Add buttons to indent/unindent the current entry
· ToC Editor: Right-click menu to perform various useful actions on entries in the ToC
· Column icons: Allow use of wide images as column icons
· Add USB ids for the Palm Pre2 and Samsung Galaxy phone to the device drivers
· PDF Output: Fix generating page numbers causing links to not work.
· Wrong filename output in error message when 'Guide reference not found'
· Get Books: Update Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Waterstones and Gutenberg store plugins for website change
· PDF Output: Fix 1 pixel wide left and top margins on the cover page for some PDF conversions due to incorrect rounding.
|Calibre 0.9.25||Mar 29, 2013||New Release||New features:
· title: "Automatic adding: When checking for duplicates is enabled, use the same duplicates found dialog as is used during manual adding."
· title: "ToC Editor: Allow searching to find a location quickly when browsing through the book to select a location for a ToC item"
· title: "ToC Editor: Add a button to quickly flatten the entire table of contents"
· title: "Conversion: When converting a single book to EPUB or AZW3, add an option to automatically launch the Table of Contents editor after the conversion completes. Found under the Table of Contents section of the conversion dialog."
· title: "calibredb: Nicer error messages when user provides invalid input"
· title: "News download: Always use the .jpg extension for jpeg images as apparently Moon+ Reader cannot handle .jpeg"
· title: "Fix Book Details popup keyboard navigation doesn't work on a Mac"
|Calibre 0.9.24||Mar 22, 2013||New Release||New Features:
· ToC Editor: Allow auto-generation of Table of Contents entries from headings and/or links in the book
· EPUB/MOBI Catalogs: Allow saving used settings as presets which can be loaded easily later.
· Indicate which columns are custom columns when selecting columns in the Preferences
· News download: Add an option recipe authors can set to have calibre automatically reduce the size of downloaded images by lowering their quality
· News download: Fix a regression in 0.9.23 that prevented oldest_article from working with some RSS feeds.
· Conversion: handle the :before and :after pseudo CSS selectors correctly
· AZW3 Output: Handle the case of the reference to a ToC containing an anchor correctly.
· BiBTeX catalogs: Fix ISBN not being output and the library_name field causing catalog generation to fail
· Conversion: Add support for CSS stylesheets that wrap their rules inside a @media rule.
|Calibre 0.9.23||Mar 15, 2013||New Release||· New tool: "Edit ToC" that allows you to edit or create a Table of Contents easily in EPUB or AZW3 ebooks.
· Using the Edit ToC tool, you can easily re-arrange the entries in an existing Table of Contents, change their text and even change the location they point to by simply clicking the new location in the book. To use this tool, go to Preferences->Toolbar and add the Edit ToC tool to the main toolbar. Then simply select the books you want to be polished and click the Edit ToC button. This tool is based on a new codebase, so there may be bugs.
· Content server: Enable use of plugboards for mobi and azw3 formats
· Windows driver for Tolino Shine
· When copying books to another library, show the name of the destination library in the copy dialog
· Allow running plugins from the command line with calibre-debug easily