[ View full size screenshot ]
Version: Sweet Home 3D 3.4
Date: Jan 23, 2012
|I absolutely love this program. I spend hours on it. right now i'm modeling my house, ought to be fun ;)|
|Version||Date Released||Status||Release Notes|
|Sweet Home 3D 4.4||Jun 15, 2014||New Release||Added a search textfield to filter textures and a list of the recently used textures in the textures choice dialog box.
Added texture rotation support.
Made the selected material blink in the 3D preview of the Furniture materials modification dialog box.
Improved text fields used to edit lengths when Foot/Inch/Fraction unit is active.
Added Edit > Select all at all levels menu item, with feedback in level tabs showing level names outlined with selection color under Java 6 and higher.
Replaced Select object menu by Toggle selection menu in plan contextual menu when Shift key is pressed.
Added dropOnTopElevation property to the pieces of catalog furniture to place objects on others at a preferred elevation (to simplify the layout of objects below or upon shelves, chairs, trees...).
Added Furniture > Reset elevation menu item to recompute the preferred elevation of the selected furniture placed on other pieces.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.3||Jan 14, 2014||New Release||# Fixed bugs that prevented the 3D view to be displayed when it was saved as detached, on one screen and multiples screens.
# Fixed a font issue that didn't display correctly Chinese text in the plan under Windows and Linux.
# Fixed a bug that prevented to elevate the camera in Sweet Home 3D Viewer applet.
# Fixed a bug that didn't initialize the Staircase check box in the furniture import wizard when an imported 3D model is modified.
# Fixed a bug that prevented to display correctly some floor rooms in the 3D view when they overlap.
# Fixed the display of texts in catalog furniture tool tips under Java 5.
# Fixed a bug that froze the program for some colored background images under Mac OS X with Java 7.
# Fixed some unexpected behaviors when furniture is dragged from the catalog under Mac OS X with Java 7.
# Improved performances of the 3D view in the Java Web Start and JAR executable versions run under Mac OS X with Java 7.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.2||Oct 31, 2013||New Release||# Added support for the cut out of non-rectangular doors and windows placed in walls.
# Added Zoom in and Zoom out tools in the background image import wizard to help enter image scale with more precision.
# Added vertical and horizontal constraints when shift key is pressed to the scale line displayed in the second step of the background image import wizard.
# Improved the search engine in the furniture catalog to support accentuated letters comparison and multiple criteria (separate criteria by spaces).
# Drawn stair cases at a higher level in the plan when the elevation of its top and the elevation of the level are equal.
# Double checked if images used as a texture and flagged as transparent contains at least a transparent pixel.
# Fixed a bug that displayed incorrectly floor rooms in the 3D view when they partially overlap.
# Fixed a bug that prevented to display some parts of a room ceiling with a complex shape smaller that the upper floor room.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.1||Jun 3, 2013||New Release||* Optimized Export to OBJ format feature for big exports.
* Moved the aerial view point of view closer to the first piece of furniture added to an empty home.
* Added support for full screen mode under Mac OS X.
* Fixed a printing bug that didn't always show the expected pages.
* Updated the Online version to ensure it won't display an additional security warning when run with latest Java version.
* Increased the default maximum memory used by the program to 640 MB, and made this size grow up to 1024 MB for Windows 32 bit installer version according to the available RAM in the system.
* Fixed a bug in Sweet Home 3D, the portable version of Sweet Home 3D (119 MB), the Furniture Library Editor (12,3 MB) and the Textures Library Editor (784 kB) that prevented the deletion of some temporary files under Windows at program end.
* Automatically deleted the private working folder of Sweet Home 3D at program end when it stops normally.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.0||Mar 21, 2013||New Release||# Used the Shift key to keep objects moved in the plan aligned along horizontal or vertical axis, and changed the key used to toggle magnetism setting to Alt key under Windows, cmd key under Mac OS X and Shift + Alt key under Linux.
# Added Materials option in the furniture modification pane to edit the various materials (colors or textures) of the selected furniture.
# Improved the color chooser with the ability to choose a color among RAL and Creative Commons palettes, with a pipette tool or in a list displaying colors recently chosen.
# Added options in the room modification pane to change the color or the texture of the wall sides surrounding the modified room.
# Added Pattern in plan and Top color in 3D view options in the wall modification pane to change the pattern used to draw a wall in the plan and the color used to paint the top of a wall in the 3D view.
# Replaced Wall pattern in plan option by New walls pattern in plan option in the user preferences pane.
|Sweet Home 3D 3.7||Oct 25, 2012||New Release||* Displayed groups in the furniture table as expandable / collapsible tree nodes.
* Used antialiasing in the 3D view when possible.
* Fixed a bug that could create invalid SH3D files after the importation of a 3D model file containing non ASCII characters (like accentuated letters).
* Fixed the management of multiple holes in polygons defined in imported DAE files.
* Forbade window resizing while a SH3D file is opened under Mac OS X, to avoid program freezing.
* Saved in a SH3D file only the textures of the SH3T file used by the home.
* Released the version 1.0 (670 kB) of the Textures Library Editor, a separate tool that lets the user create and edit easily SH3T files.
* Updated the new portable version of Sweet Home 3D (version 3.7, 116 MB) et Furniture Library Editor (version 1.9, 5 Mo).
* Replaced JRE 6u35 by JRE 6u37 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
* Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
|Sweet Home 3D 3.6||Sep 6, 2012||New Release||* Added the ability to rotate texts, the name of furniture and the name and area of rooms in the plan.
* Improved alignment magnetism of a piece of furniture when its side is aligned along a wall.
* Stored last folders selected in file dialog choosers for each content type handled by Sweet Home 3D.
* Improved furniture catalogs loading at language change and during furniture libraries importation.
* Fixed lens type used in video generation for the two best quality levels.
* Forced blue color for selections drawn over the imported image in the background image wizard when default selection color is not enough colorful.
* Improved selection color management in plan under Mac OS X.
* Allowed homonyms among furniture and texture names in catalogs.
* Refused to open a corrupted SH3D file when it contains some unreachable furniture or textures.
* Fixed a bug that blocked program launch if some files to recover were invalid.
|Sweet Home 3D 3.5||Apr 28, 2012||New Release||# Added Furniture > Align side by side menu item to align selected furniture on the sides and on the back side of the first selected piece.
# Added Furniture > Align on front side / Align on back side / Align on left side / Align on right side menu items to align selected furniture on the front / back / left / right side of the first selected piece.
# Added Furniture > Distribute horizontally / Distribute vertically menu items to distribute selected furniture accordingly.
# Added Align or distribute furniture menu in plan popup menu to grant access to these features in the online version.
# Added a magnetism behavior during the drag and drop of a piece in the plan, when its borders approach the borders of an other piece of furniture.
# Improved magnetism of furniture along walls (including round walls) with anti collision system.
# Made zoom in the plan centered on mouse cursor when zoom is done with mouse wheel while Ctrl key is pressed (cmd under Mac OS X).
|Sweet Home 3D 3.4||Dec 20, 2011||New Release||# Added Plan > Add level / Modify level / Delete level menu items to support multiple levels with possible intermediate levels and/or levels at negative elevation.
# Added 3D view > Display all levels / Display selected level menu items.
# Added the New floors thickness field in preferences pane.
# Added a new property for staircases in furniture catalog to define the shape used to cut out the ceiling and the floor of upper levels when they intersect with a staircase.
# Added a Staircase check box in Import furniture wizard and in Furniture Library Editor.
# Reused the walls transparency value to make transparent floors and ceilings of upper levels as well.
# Enabled the virtual visitor to go below elevation 0 to visit underground levels.
# Improved ground management to be able to handle elevations up to 100m without seeing a black line at the horizon.
# Added a button in preferences pane to import language libraries.
# Improved drawing magnetism of walls and rooms.
|Sweet Home 3D 3.3||Jul 26, 2011||New Release||* Improved the precision of alignement lines.
* Always used PNG format for exported textures to avoid loosing any detail.
* Fixed a bug in OBJ export for models at 3DS format containing some undefined values.
* Fixed a bug that prevented to create photos and videos at the two first quality levels when a sky texture was used.
* Replaced JRE 6u24 by JRE 6u26 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
* Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Home design software for PCs with XP or Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8