[ View full size screenshot ]
|Version||Date Released||Status||Release Notes|
|Proteus PCB Design 8.3 SP0 B197||Jul 1, 2015||New Release||Support for MCAD data exchange via STEP and IGES file formats. Both import of component STEP/IGES files and export of the resulting STEP Assembly is supported (requires L2 or higher).
Extensive modifications to existing libraries to include pre-supplied STEP files for radial electrolytics, connectors and some other common parts.
Support for multiple track editing operations and enhancements to track necking.
|Proteus PCB Design 8.01 SP0 B17||Dec 9, 2013||New Release||Integrated Application Framework:
The integrated application framework means that ISIS and ARES are now modules with a single application (PDS.EXE) rather than being separate applications in their own right. They can be run in a single window (tabbed mode) or in two separate 'frames' to give a look and feel similar to that in previous versions. Single frame mode will tend to suit laptop users better whilst multi-frame mode makes the best use of multi-monitor desktop setups.
Other features of the software such as Design Explorer, the 3D viewer and maximized graph windows are also presented as top level application modules which again can be held in a single frame or dragged onto another monitor to give a side-by-side view.
The ISIS and ARES modules share a common database (CDB) which contains information about all the parts and elements in the project.
|Proteus PCB Design 7.10 B13508||Jun 6, 2012||New Release||Hardware Accelerated Direct2D graphics engine:
· Lightning fast, flicker free screen redraws.
· Smooth scrolling and animated object highlighting.
· Crisp, fully anti-aliased presentation of text and graphics.
· Current layer is always drawn at the top of the view.
· User control of layer transparency.
· Option to display full Solder Resist and Solder Mask layers including shapes contributed by the pad styles.
· Major overhaul of DXF Importer in ARES to improve support and compatibility with other packages.
· Dynamic ratsnest during route placement indicates closest net object to track being placed.
· Automatic dimming of objects during placement helps identify valid route destinations.
· Improved zone handling to provide more precise clearances for rotated objects.
Various smaller user requests including:
· Ability to specify diagonal ('X') type thermal reliefs on a pad.
· Visibility of occupancy layer graphics during placement and movement of footprints.
Home design software for PCs with XP or Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8