[ View full size screenshot ]
Version: Sweet Home 3D 3.4
Date: Jan 23, 2012
|I absolutely love this program. I spend hours on it. right now i'm modeling my house, ought to be fun ;)|
|Version||Date Released||Status||Release Notes|
|Sweet Home 3D 5.0||Jul 19, 2015||New Release||Added a tool to draw polylines in the plan with various styles.
Added the ability to display baseboards with wall and room modification panes.
Made levels possibly not viewable with the new Viewable check box of their modification pane or with the new Make level unviewable menu item.
Managed levels at the same elevation as layers with an order index that can be set in levels modification pane (may provoke some small changes in existing SH3D files).
Added Edit > Paste style menu item to modify the style of the selected objects from the object of the same type copied in the clipboard.
Added Add point to room and Delete point from room menu items in the contextual menu of the plan.
Added the ability to select objects in furniture groups, edit them and delete them, without the need to ungroup grouped objects.
Added Furniture > Add to group and Edit > Paste to group menu items to add objects to the selected group.
Saved expanded groups in the furniture list.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.6||Feb 2, 2015||New Release||Increased max memory used by Sweet Home 3D under Windows 64 bit.
Updated certificate used to signed programs.
Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.5||Oct 24, 2014||New Release||Replaced the Loader3DS library by a new one that better interprets colors, transparency and subparts placing of 3D models at 3DS format (caution: the customization of materials set on furniture at 3DS format in previous versions of Sweet Home 3D will be lost).
Increased to 50 the maximum count of stored points of view.
Added a margin of error to determine whether a piece of furniture overlaps an other one, when a user wants to place it on the top of the second one.
In the furniture list, appended an icon to the name of each piece with a defined information property, and displayed this information in a popup after a click on the icon.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.4||Jun 15, 2014||New Release||Added a search textfield to filter textures and a list of the recently used textures in the textures choice dialog box.
Added texture rotation support.
Made the selected material blink in the 3D preview of the Furniture materials modification dialog box.
Improved text fields used to edit lengths when Foot/Inch/Fraction unit is active.
Added Edit > Select all at all levels menu item, with feedback in level tabs showing level names outlined with selection color under Java 6 and higher.
Replaced Select object menu by Toggle selection menu in plan contextual menu when Shift key is pressed.
Added dropOnTopElevation property to the pieces of catalog furniture to place objects on others at a preferred elevation (to simplify the layout of objects below or upon shelves, chairs, trees...).
Added Furniture > Reset elevation menu item to recompute the preferred elevation of the selected furniture placed on other pieces.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.3||Jan 14, 2014||New Release||# Fixed bugs that prevented the 3D view to be displayed when it was saved as detached, on one screen and multiples screens.
# Fixed a font issue that didn't display correctly Chinese text in the plan under Windows and Linux.
# Fixed a bug that prevented to elevate the camera in Sweet Home 3D Viewer applet.
# Fixed a bug that didn't initialize the Staircase check box in the furniture import wizard when an imported 3D model is modified.
# Fixed a bug that prevented to display correctly some floor rooms in the 3D view when they overlap.
# Fixed the display of texts in catalog furniture tool tips under Java 5.
# Fixed a bug that froze the program for some colored background images under Mac OS X with Java 7.
# Fixed some unexpected behaviors when furniture is dragged from the catalog under Mac OS X with Java 7.
# Improved performances of the 3D view in the Java Web Start and JAR executable versions run under Mac OS X with Java 7.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.2||Oct 31, 2013||New Release||# Added support for the cut out of non-rectangular doors and windows placed in walls.
# Added Zoom in and Zoom out tools in the background image import wizard to help enter image scale with more precision.
# Added vertical and horizontal constraints when shift key is pressed to the scale line displayed in the second step of the background image import wizard.
# Improved the search engine in the furniture catalog to support accentuated letters comparison and multiple criteria (separate criteria by spaces).
# Drawn stair cases at a higher level in the plan when the elevation of its top and the elevation of the level are equal.
# Double checked if images used as a texture and flagged as transparent contains at least a transparent pixel.
# Fixed a bug that displayed incorrectly floor rooms in the 3D view when they partially overlap.
# Fixed a bug that prevented to display some parts of a room ceiling with a complex shape smaller that the upper floor room.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.1||Jun 3, 2013||New Release||* Optimized Export to OBJ format feature for big exports.
* Moved the aerial view point of view closer to the first piece of furniture added to an empty home.
* Added support for full screen mode under Mac OS X.
* Fixed a printing bug that didn't always show the expected pages.
* Updated the Online version to ensure it won't display an additional security warning when run with latest Java version.
* Increased the default maximum memory used by the program to 640 MB, and made this size grow up to 1024 MB for Windows 32 bit installer version according to the available RAM in the system.
* Fixed a bug in Sweet Home 3D, the portable version of Sweet Home 3D (119 MB), the Furniture Library Editor (12,3 MB) and the Textures Library Editor (784 kB) that prevented the deletion of some temporary files under Windows at program end.
* Automatically deleted the private working folder of Sweet Home 3D at program end when it stops normally.
|Sweet Home 3D 4.0||Mar 21, 2013||New Release||# Used the Shift key to keep objects moved in the plan aligned along horizontal or vertical axis, and changed the key used to toggle magnetism setting to Alt key under Windows, cmd key under Mac OS X and Shift + Alt key under Linux.
# Added Materials option in the furniture modification pane to edit the various materials (colors or textures) of the selected furniture.
# Improved the color chooser with the ability to choose a color among RAL and Creative Commons palettes, with a pipette tool or in a list displaying colors recently chosen.
# Added options in the room modification pane to change the color or the texture of the wall sides surrounding the modified room.
# Added Pattern in plan and Top color in 3D view options in the wall modification pane to change the pattern used to draw a wall in the plan and the color used to paint the top of a wall in the 3D view.
# Replaced Wall pattern in plan option by New walls pattern in plan option in the user preferences pane.
|Sweet Home 3D 3.7||Oct 25, 2012||New Release||* Displayed groups in the furniture table as expandable / collapsible tree nodes.
* Used antialiasing in the 3D view when possible.
* Fixed a bug that could create invalid SH3D files after the importation of a 3D model file containing non ASCII characters (like accentuated letters).
* Fixed the management of multiple holes in polygons defined in imported DAE files.
* Forbade window resizing while a SH3D file is opened under Mac OS X, to avoid program freezing.
* Saved in a SH3D file only the textures of the SH3T file used by the home.
* Released the version 1.0 (670 kB) of the Textures Library Editor, a separate tool that lets the user create and edit easily SH3T files.
* Updated the new portable version of Sweet Home 3D (version 3.7, 116 MB) et Furniture Library Editor (version 1.9, 5 Mo).
* Replaced JRE 6u35 by JRE 6u37 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
* Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
|Sweet Home 3D 3.6||Sep 6, 2012||New Release||* Added the ability to rotate texts, the name of furniture and the name and area of rooms in the plan.
* Improved alignment magnetism of a piece of furniture when its side is aligned along a wall.
* Stored last folders selected in file dialog choosers for each content type handled by Sweet Home 3D.
* Improved furniture catalogs loading at language change and during furniture libraries importation.
* Fixed lens type used in video generation for the two best quality levels.
* Forced blue color for selections drawn over the imported image in the background image wizard when default selection color is not enough colorful.
* Improved selection color management in plan under Mac OS X.
* Allowed homonyms among furniture and texture names in catalogs.
* Refused to open a corrupted SH3D file when it contains some unreachable furniture or textures.
* Fixed a bug that blocked program launch if some files to recover were invalid.
Home design software for PCs with XP or Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8