Subsonic is a free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room.
Subsonic is designed to handle very large music collections (hundreds of gigabytes). Although optimized for MP3 streaming, it works for any audio or video format that can stream over HTTP, for instance AAC and OGG. By using transcoder plug-ins, Subsonic supports on-the-fly conversion and streaming of virtually any audio format, including WMA, FLAC, APE, Musepack, WavPack and Shorten.
If you have constrained bandwidth, you may set an upper limit for the bitrate of the music streams. Subsonic will then automatically resample the music to a suitable bitrate.
In addition to being a streaming media server, Subsonic works very well as a local jukebox. The intuitive web interface, as well as search and index facilities, are optimized for efficient browsing through large media libraries. Subsonic also comes with an integrated Podcast receiver, with many of the same features as you find in iTunes.
Based on Java technology, Subsonic runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix variants.
· Supports MP3, OGG, AAC and any other audio or video format that can be streamed over HTTP.
· Transcoding engine allows for streaming of a variety of lossy and lossless formats by converting to MP3 on-the-fly.
· Works with any network-enabled media player, such as Winamp, iTunes, XMMS, MusicMatch and Windows Media Player.
· Displays cover art, dynamically scaling it to fit nicely on the screen. Supports images embedded in ID3.
· You can assign ratings and comments to albums.
· Finds cover art and album info using Amazon Web Services.
· Audioscrobbling support. Automatically register what you're playing on last.fm
· Tag editing of MP3 and OGG Vorbis files.
· On-the-fly resampling to lower bitrates using the high-quality LAME encoder.
· Common playlist features (add, remove, rearrange, repeat, shuffle, undo).
· Playlists can be saved and restored. M3U, PLS and XSPF formats are supported.
· Saved playlists are available as Podcasts.
· Support for Internet TV and radio stations.
· Configurable index.
· Google-like search functionality.
· Automatic update of search index at specified intervals.
· Supports multiple media folders (for instance one with music and another with movies.)
· Supports multiple simultaneous players. The playlist for any player can be managed from any location.
· Secure. Users must log in using a username and password. Users can be assigned different privileges. Supports HTTPS/SSL encryption.
· Lean web interface optimized for constrained bandwidth environments and efficient browsing through large music collections.
· WAP interface allows you to control Subsonic from any mobile phone or PDA.
· In addition to streaming, single files or entire directories may be downloaded from Subsonic.
· Files can be uploaded to Subsonic. Zip-files can be automatically unpacked.
· You can specify a upload/download bandwidth limit.
· Implements the SHOUTcast protocol. Players which support this (including Winamp, iTunes and XMMS) will display the current artist and song name.
· Provides links to album reviews and more at Google Music and allmusic.com.
· Full internationalization support. Currently available translations: English, Norwegian, Macedonian (by Stefan Ivanovski), Simplified Chinese (by Neil Gao), Spanish (by Jorge Bueno Magdalena), German (by Harald Weiss), and Dutch (by Ronald Knot).
· Theme support. Currently ships with four themes.
|Installation||Instal And Uninstall|
|Keywords||web media streamer, online music collection, ID3 tag editor, stream, server, web media|
Using Subsonic Free Download crack, warez, password, serial numbers, torrent, keygen, registration codes,
key generators is illegal and your business could subject you to lawsuits and leave your operating systems without patches.
We do not host any torrent files or links of Subsonic on rapidshare.com, depositfiles.com, megaupload.com etc.
All Subsonic download links are direct Subsonic full download from publisher site or their selected mirrors.
Avoid: oem software, old version, warez, serial, torrent, Subsonic keygen, crack.
Consider: Subsonic full version, full download, premium download, licensed copy.